What are Corporate Bonds?
Lesson 25 Module 6
- When you buy Corporate Bonds, you are lending money to a company.
- Corporate Bonds are debt Instruments ?and the company owes you money.
- The ability of a corporate to pay back its debt is called its Credit Rating.
- The company uses your money to create new products, expand & pays a fixed interest on your investment.
- If the corporate goes bankrupt, you can lose some or all of your money.
- Corporate bonds are capital protected on paper, and bond holders get paid before stock holders if the company goes bankrupt.
Remember - Corporate bonds offer high rates of return because they cannot print money like government bonds, and there is a significant capital risk if the company fails.
Leave a comment
Comment as a guest:
Name * E-Mail * Website